Uh-oh! You’re RSS Feed Reader is not working. You’re getting an error message when trying to open the popup. Luckily you found this page!
A lot of the time this is because of a corrupt Google Chrome installation. What you will do is try to diagnose this problem, and then contact me, so we can take it from there.
1. Go the following URL: chrome://extensions/
2. On that page, you will see a list of your extensions.
3. Check the “Developer mode” checkbox in the top right corner:
4. Find the RSS Feed Reader entry in your list of extensions, and press “reader/main.html” link.
5. This will open a popup window. Press the “Console” tab in the top navigation.
6. Take a screenshot of this page. It will have a different list of errors, or it might even be empty. This is the screenshot you should e-mail to me. It can look something like this:
7. Check which version of Chrome you have, by going to: chrome://version and checking the Google Chrome:-entry.
— Interlude —
Does the error message look like this?
Then please follow the steps outlined in this post. If not, please follow the steps below.
So e-mail this screenshot, and your Chrome version, to me at email@example.com.
Most of the time you will see errors in your RSS Feed Reader popup because of a Chrome issue, which I have yet to diagnose. To help me diagnose this error and perhaps take it up with the Chrome team, it would be invaluable if you could follow these bonus steps so I can debug why this issue occurs.
1. Go the following URL: chrome://version
2. Take the “Profile path” value, and open that in your Explorer/Finder. (Press cmd+g to paste the path in Mac OS X)
3. In that folder, navigate to the following path: Extensions > pnjaodmkngahhkoihejjehlcdlnohgmp
4. Make a ZIP-archive of the contents of that folder, and e-mail that to me. firstname.lastname@example.org
So hopefully after you have e-mailed this to email@example.com, we can fix your RSS Feed Reader for Chrome.