Uh-oh! You’re RSS Feed Reader is still not working! After following the steps in the previous blog post you’ll probably find this page.
Until we can figure out what causes this issue, we’ll have to manually fix it. So, the problem: When updating the Feeder extension, not all files are downloaded and installed correctly, so the extension cannot run (We have notified the Chrome team about it, but they are still investigating it). The solution: Manually add all the missing files. All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Please visit this URL: chrome://version/
- On the bottom of that page, you should see “Profile Path”. Take the path next to it, and open it in the file Explorer.
- Within that directory, go to the folder “Extensions”, then “pnjaodmkngahhkoihejjehlcdlnohgmp”, so the full path should be:
- Within that folder you should see another folder, with a version number. Perhaps something like “4.0.9_0″. Open that folder.
- Here comes a tricky part: You must download the following ZIP-file:
- This contains the correct files needed to run the extension.
- unzip that file and copy all those files, and paste them into the version-number directory. Press “Yes I want to overwrite files with the same name” if a prompt asks you about it
- Restart Chrome
Hopefully, it should work after that. If you have any questions regarding any of the steps, don’t hesitate to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s a bit of a tricky operation.
Good luck out there.